Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

McCall's 5673 Dress

I finished my Hannah Troy dress!

 The zipper isn't quite perfect so I need to do a bit of fixing but otherwise the dress is great! The fabric isn't as blue as I'd wanted - it turned out a bit gray colored but it is the best I could get.
  








Even after pinning the zipper, hand basting the zipper, then machine sewing the zipper I still got ripples, argh!!!










I really like this bodice style with the midriff piece. I am already planning another version.
I am thinking either a plaid with the midriff cut on the diagonal for a contrast, or a solid color (should do green, love it but have very little in my wardrobe) with contrast piping in the seams of the midriff, similar to the piping I used on my Pastille.



Pinned Image

I did just see this dress on Pinterest & am thinking I could make something similar with a few pattern changes. Inverted box pleats instead of gathers would be an easy change along with the fuller skirt. The sleeves would be the biggest challenge but worth it.
















A little neckline detail - the pattern calls for top-stitching a half inch from the edge but I wanted to do a little extra and added the edge stitch on all the edges - sleeves, neck, & skirt hem.
 
Now I just need to wear it out with the jacket!
This fabric has a great drape to it -very "flowy". I need to find the right pattern to really make use of the drape of the fabric.
Any suggestions?
I hope to get another post in soon - I've been getting some of those shirts, from my MIL, used up.
 Hope everyone is having a productive day.
Blessed Be,
Alyssa


Tip Junkie

1 comment:

Thank you for taking a look at my little blog, I'd love to hear from you!